3 more classes before Summer break.
Time: 7:30pm PST
Location: Berkeley Buddhist Monastery
Schedule: Class is every other Monday at 7:30pm.
Buddhism for the Modern Mind is back. We will relate the timeless wisdom contained in the Buddha's teachings to daily life. This semester, we will be referencing The Six Dharma Gates to the Sublime by Shramana Zhiyi.
- Why am I always in a state of anxiety?
- How can you have meaning with no expectations?
- I'm 33, is having a baby the only answer?
- I don't want to catch a feeling
- Did I have enough fun?
- Pleasure Demystified
- Nothing Matters, So Why Care?
- What Can I Call Home When I Do Not Want to Attach to Anyone or Anything?
- Addictions Rule or Do I Rule -- What's the Difference?
- Filial piety (live my life or live my mother's life)?
For maximum fun, please bring along a quick wit and a wicked sense of humor.